Courses - Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC)
The Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations require all operators of pleasure craft fitted with any type of motor and used for recreational purposes to carry proof of competency on board.
Proof of competency indicates the boater has a basic level of boating safety knowledge required for safe recreational boating. In the past, anyone of any age could operate a recreational boat without any minimum boating safety knowledge, experience or training. These requirements were introduced in 1999 in response to boating deaths and injuries, with the goal of improving safety on Canadian waterways through education and training.
Proof of competency can be any of the following:
- A Pleasure Craft Operator Card - this is the most common proof, obtained after passing an accredited boating safety test
- Proof of having passed a boating safety course in Canada before April 1, 1999
- A specified marine certificate from the List of Certificates of Competency, Training Certificates and other Equivalencies accepted as Proof of Competency when Operating a Pleasure Craft
- A completed rental-boat safety checklist – good only for the rental period
- For Foreign Visitors, an operator card or equivalent which meets the requirements of their own state or country.
Common PCOC Questions & Answers Prepared by Transport CanadaPCOC Q & A's
Canadian Department of Justice - Legislation
Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations
The Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC) Land Based Course - GET YOUR PCOC AT SINDBAD!
The PCOC Course will take 3 hours including the exam and will take Place at Sindbad School of Sailing at the Course Location & DirectionsTo Register: Complete the , Seba Beach Lake Wabamun. registration form and send along with payment/deposit to the address on the form.
Students who complete the Competent Crew/Day Skipper Ashore courses can easily write the Pleasure Craft Operator's Card examination. Students will be given an opportunity to write the exam upon completion of these courses free of charge when they sign up for their Afloat Practicals.
Share This Page
Sail With Sindbad & Learn A Skill For Life
ISPA Ashore & Afloat Sailing Lessons & Certificate Programs, Courses & Instruction
PCOC VHF-ROCM Competent Crew Basic Sail Day Skipper Intermediate Sail Coastal Navigation Coastal Skipper Advanced Sail
On the Water Sailing Excursions
Sailing Excursions Introduction to Sailing Cruise & Learn Skipper Excursions Flotillas Course Calendar
Edmonton and Area Lake Wabamun & West Coast Sailing Lessons & Excursions
Seba Beach, Lake Wabamun & Nanaimo BC
Phone 780 451-5174 Cell 780 953-5174 Email firstname.lastname@example.org